How To Reuse & Recycle Your Candle Container
As we’ve said before, at BLU Apothecary we considered everything, from wax to wick, when designing our candle collections. That includes the vessels our plant-based wax is hand-poured into. We appreciate our environment and want to offer you a few ways to reuse & recycle your candle container.
In our seasonal collections, we utilize classic glassware that can be reused as drinking glasses. It’s easy to remove the wax and debris to have an elegant cocktail or juice glass!
We also offer a recycling program that gives you cashback towards your next BLU Apothecary purchase. Just return your candle container to us and you will receive $1.00 towards your next purchase for each candle container you return.
Return Your Candle Container
Receive up to $1.50 towards your next BLU Apothecary purchase by returning your candle containers to us.
- Return containers & lids to our store or ship them back to us.
- Return containers in good condition with no chips, scratches, or cracks for $1.00
- They do not need to be free of debris, wax, or wicks.
- Include the lid in good condition with your candle container and receive $1.50 towards your next purchase for each lid and container.
- Shipping fees are at the expense of the customer.
- Credit towards your next purchase will be issued at the time of receipt.
Reuse Your Candle Container
Need new glassware? Here's how to reuse your candle container as an elegant cocktail or drinking glass.
- Fill the container with water about 1″ above the remaining wax.
- Place the container(s) in a pan filled with 1/2″ of water.
- Place in the oven at 250 for 20 minutes or until the wax is fully melted and floating above the water.
- Let the wax harden above the water.
- Dispose of the hardened wax and water.
- Soak the container(s) in hot soapy water to loosen the labels.
- Scrap off the labels once they are loosened and clean out candle containers with fresh warm soapy water.
- Dry containers, fill with ice, and pour in your favorite beverage to enjoy your beautiful new glassware!