Styling fine hair can be tricky, especially if you’re looking to create volume and texture. But, achieving your desired look is possible with the right products and techniques.
Here are a few tips and tricks on how to get your fine locks looking full and fabulous.
Choose the right products.
When it comes to styling fine hair, choosing lightweight products that won’t weigh your hair down is essential. Look for products that are specifically designed for fine hair, such as volumizing mousses and sprays.
Here are a few of our favorite volumizing creams, sprays, and mousses:
- Thickening spray: Our vote goes to Thickening Cream by Kinstyle. It’s a must-have product among our fine hair clients.
- Thickening Spray: Some people prefer a spray over a cream. Bumble and Bumble Thickening Spray, Aveda Volumizing Tonic, or Orirbe Volumista Mist are great options.
- Mousse: A mousse can offer more hold than thickening creams or sprays. KINACTIF™ N°3 Root Lifting Foam, Redken Root Lifting Spray, Aveda Phomollient, or MoroccanOil Volumizing Mousse are great options for styling fine hair.
Prepare your hair properly.
Before you start styling, it’s important to prepare your hair properly. This means washing and conditioning it with products that are designed for fine hair. Fine hair can get dry, adding to its lifeless nature. Adding a deep conditioning mask designed specifically for fine hair may be necessary for your monthly hair care routine. Leave-in conditioners can help to detangle and protect fine hair against heat damage. KINACTIF™ N°1 Nutrition Detangling Spray is our top pick and is vegan-friendly!
Try using a volumizing shampoo and conditioner. KINACTIF™ N°3 VOLUME Shampoo and KINACTIF™ N°3 Volume 2-IN-1 Mask offer amazing volumizing results. These products will help to thicken your hair and add volume.
Add volume at the roots.
One of the best ways to add volume to fine hair is to start at the roots. Start by adding your favorite root-lifting foam (remember we gave you our top picks above Dry your hair about 75% of the way dry. Then, use a brush to lift your roots and create volume.
When blow-drying your hair, be sure to use a round brush to lift your roots and add volume. You can also use a volumizer attachment on your blow dryer. We like Dyson Hair Dryers because they are powerful, light, and fast.
Use a diffuser attachment on your blow dryer.
When blow-drying to style fine hair, sometimes it’s best to use a diffuser attachment. This will help to evenly distribute the heat and prevent your hair from becoming frizzy.
A diffuser attachment is a must-have for styling fine hair if you want to acieve differnce looks rather than the same old boring “do”. It helps to distribute the heat evenly and prevents your hair from becoming frizzy.
Once your hair is dry, you can add texture and volume by using a texturizing spray. This will help to create a more voluminous and lived-in look.
Finish with a texturizing spray.
Once your hair is dry, you can add texture and volume by using a texturizing spray instead of heavy hairspray. This will help to create a more voluminous and lived-in look.
- Avoid using too much product. Using too much product can weigh your hair down and make it appear flat. Start with a small amount of product and add more as needed.
- Don’t over-brush your hair. Over-brushing can damage your hair and make it appear thinner. Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair before and after styling gently.
- Use dry shampoo to add volume. Dry shampoo is a great way to add volume and texture to fine hair. Spray it onto your roots and massage it in with your fingers.
- Try different hairstyles. Many different hairstyles can help to create volume and texture in fine hair. Experiment with different styles to find what works best for you.
Here are a few hairstyles that keep styling fine hair pain-free.
- Bob: A bob is an excellent hairstyle for fine hair because it adds volume and texture. You can style a bob with straight hair or add waves or curls.
- Lob: A lob is a longer version of a bob. It’s a great option for people who want a bit more length but still want the volume and texture of a bob.
- Layered cut: A layered cut can help to add volume and dimension to fine hair. You can get layers all over your head, or you can get them at the crown of your head.
- Updo: An updo is a great way to show off the texture of your fine hair. Try a messy bun, a French twist, or a braid.
We hope these tips help you to achieve a love for styling your fine hair locks. After all, fine hair is light and airy, and with the right guidance, it can be a blessing in disguise!